Saturday 26 November 2011

Travelling light...

I have 11 days off work starting tomorrow, 6 of which I will actually be spending outside of boring old England. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. However, to say I have packed an appropriate suitcase for 6 days away would be a plain lie.

The holiday is neither particularly long (aforementioned grand total of 6 days) nor particularly exotic (Germany to visit my family), yet somehow I have managed to pack pretty much my entire room. God knows what it will be like when I move out, but that's a whole different story...

So my suitcase includes a top I have worn twice and always think I should probably wear again, yet always end up changing out of. It also includes a pair of heels. Pretty ridiculous when you consider my itenary for the holiday is Christmas shopping with my nan and eating my body weight in Milka chocolate.

So the conclusion is, that like pretty much all other girls, I cannot travel light. Even a weekend away requires enough toiletries to deem a suitcase acceptable and on my last holiday away with the girls, I had to cram a pair of heels into my hand luggage, as my suitcase was already over the weight limit.

Whereas I feel pretty prepared for all situations that might face me in the coming 6 days, I am also very aware that I will probably spend most of my month's wages over there and then find I have nowhere to cram my newly acquired things...Oh well, heels in the hand luggage it is then!

Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment